Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Char Kway Teow at Beo Crescent

While out on an errand, dropped by Beo Crescent for lunch and at this small little coffeeshop, saw many people were eating char kway teow.  Now CKT being one of my fave food, I couldn't resist even though I know it would not be enough to tahan me for the rest of the afternoon. But the temptation was too great. It's look so good that I simply must try.

Went up to the stall and ordered the $3 version, cholestrol be dammed! I don't eat CKT often nowadays and if it is good, I am willing to sacrific the calories and other unhealthy concerns. Surprisingly, despite the number of people eating it, there was no queue and I could get my CKT
almost immediately.

This version is the wet type. Not as wet as the Marine Parade one but still wet and a tad oily. The cockles were almost raw - cold in fact just the way I liked it. The CKT was good - not as good as Hill Street but certainly many time better than those combi stalls where they sell both CKT and Hokkien noodles and definitely worth the cholestrol and calories overload!  

Didn't take any photo but here one from the Food Doctor and his review:
 Photo lifted from ieatishootipost

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home