Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teachers Day

Among my biggest group of relatives, friends and acquaintances, other than those who work in 'offices', I think the next biggest group are teachers. Not doctor, soldier, lawyers or any other profession but teachers.

Let me see.. of course among sgrunners and the RL group, there are a big number of teachers. And among our relatives and family friends, there are at least 5 current teachers, 2 retired and 2 ex.

Being the kapo me, everything I meet a teacher, when I get the chance, I love to ask them why they take up teaching as a profession. Is it a love for children, for teaching or just another job? The answers vary but most of them started with a passion for teaching and for children. Sadly, a fair number soon get disillusioned with the system and the fire soon die out and teaching thus become another routine job. It's sad but I hope they do realised that they are doing a very important job and will continue with the drive and passion and to challenge and fight the system if the system is not what they expect instead of quitting.

On this Teacher's Day, I would like to wish all teachers that I know many more years of happy teaching and hope that their fire will continue to burn as they impart and mould our children. Happy Teacher's Day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home