Click here for the latest at RunEatGossip »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dr Goh Keng Swee 1918 - 2010

I was fortunate enough to get close enough to him to take the above photo. I remember I was one of the student photographer at the Pre-U Seminar when Dr Goh was the Minister of Education. Then a greenhorn in photography and with no zoom lens, I climbed onto the stage to take the above shot and was lucky enough not to get wrestled down by his bodyguard.

I don't know him and never will but by all accounts, he seemed a fairly nice man although during the 2 hours plus session at the pre-u seminar, I never see him smile. But I think he is a great man with great foresight and without him and the other old guards, Singapore would not have become what it is today.

Dr Goh, RIP.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow, you are still having this photograph what a nice remembrance of a great man.

    A treasured shot Koh perhaps would be good to share this with his family.

    I shared the same sentiment, without him we missed out alot of good things in life here in Singapore.

    Rest in peace Dr. Goh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin