Click here for the latest at RunEatGossip »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's that time of the Year


It’s that time of the year. What do you get for someone who does not desires branded stuff and is rather thrifty and is more or less happy with the simple things in life?

I walked into a watch shop and the Kid said – “not again! Don’t you guys get sick of giving each other watches all the time?” Okay so scratch – no watch.

How about sparkies? Doesn’t every lady loves a shiny piece of rock? So I walked into the jewellery store and whoa! Those I like, I will have to go rob a bank to afford it. Does I can afford, she will need a magnifying glass to see the rock. So cancelled out – no diamonds.

Maybe get her a kitchen appliances. That coffee maker that she is always talking about. This one I like. Then she can makes me a nice cuppa every morning. But like not a very lomatic gift leh and beside I will have to get the coffee powder that comes in those little capsule. Too troublesome. 

Anyway, some people said it’s the thoughts that count. Hmmm maybe there is some thing to it. Maybe instead of an expensive useful gift, do something meaningful together. Spend time together, cultivate the relationship blah blah blah.

The more I think of this, the more I like it. Do something we both like together like go for a run at East Coast Park. And the beach is always a lomatic place even if it is 8 am in the morning. Then bring her go eat her favourite prawn noodle at Adam Road Hawker Centre. But maybe no gift like not so nice so I will surprise her with something I think she will appreciate very much – a mop! Not just any mop but those super duper magic mop! She loves to mop the floor so the super duper magic mop will be the most useful and practical gift she will get. I am very such she will be very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin